Hi guys and happy Thursday! Going to be sharing some thoughts today as it is Thursday. Thank you Amanda for letting me share what’s on my mind today and the link up!
Bad days: we all have them. And if you don’t, then you’re probably not human. Idk what you are- a robot or something?? But every person out there has bad days, and that’s okay.
“I am human, and yeah, I have very bad days.”
Honestly, yesterday was very sucky. Not gonna lie. This week has been pretty stressful. Wednesday night ended with a bad stomach ache, having to reevaluate some things to get my stress levels back down (I am guilty of taking on more than I can handle), and some tears. And I’m not going to tell you that I read some positive quotes and bam- I had a huge smile on my face and everything was okay- because if I did, I would be lying to you. There’s no magic cure to get through a bad day, and to be honest sometime you really just gotta fake it to ya make it. And I definitely did that yesterday.
Life isn’t always rainbows and butterflies and unicorns and feeling great about yourself and like you are on top of the world. I wish it was like that for each and every individual out there; but unfortunately, it isn’t. Some days just flat out suck- and I wish no one had bad days; they aren’t fun and no one enjoys going through them. Who actually enjoys feeling shitty??
As this is a blog of honesty and my life: here is a little run down of why yesterday wasn’t a perfectly amazing, fantastic, and wonderful day.
- My blog post got deleted and I had to rush and make one before class. Barely made it on time lol.
- My Spanish quiz was harder than I expected. I recognize that I am not the best test taker in the world but still; not feeling confident in a quiz/test that you studied for doesn’t help you feel too great.
- Boys. Boys suck and I am tired of the whole male population (okay exaggeration) not treating girls with the respect they deserve or as if girls are just “objects.” So I’m going to just enjoy being a single pringle until the right one comes along that treats me right and likes me for me. I can rely on myself; I don’t need someone else for validation or approval: I have myself to make me happy and knowing that is so, so important.
- A lot of studying for a social psych test Friday. Yeah, I recognize that we all have to study but still, sometimes it doesn’t aid in making your day any better.
- Stomach ache- probably from stress, but tummy aches are flat-out no fun at all. Ugh.
- I decided that instead of babysitting on Friday’s and making that commute (about 45 min) wasn’t what’s best for me. I was gone from 1:30-7:30 on top of classes and decided that instead, I am going to start volunteering with Best Buddies again on Friday’s. Definitely a hard decision, but I needed to put my well-being first and choose what would be more practical for me.
So there’s that. Sure, Wednesday wasn’t the perfect day. And I write this blog with honesty about my life to show you all that I am in no way close to perfect. I have bad days and I mess up and I am in a huge rush sometimes; half the time I’m probably over – caffeinated and maybe don’t get enough sleep but yeah- that’s just life and that’s just being human. I have my bad days but I don’t sulk in them. I just learn to move on and start the next day with a better attitude and prepared to kick some ass.
Now let’s focus on all the good things that happened yesterday. Before I go to bed, I always remind myself of the good that happened in the day to shift my mindset and remind myself that every day may not be good, but there is something good in EVERY day.
- I ate my favorite cereal in the world in the morning. (Special K Red Berries)
- I got to see my friends for lunch.
- I had time to read some blogs and get an iced chai tea latte while at the library.
- I was productive with studying and got done what needed to get done.
- I got to have dinner with my BFF.
- I had enough time to squeeze in a 10 min cat-nap.
- I made it through another day.
- I put myself first and made the switch to volunteer instead of work a very long day on Friday’s.
- I only have two more days till Friday!
“At midnight, even bad days come to an end.”
By looking at it in this light, Wednesday wasn’t too bad. Sure, some things didn’t go my way. But again, that’s just life. Not everything is going to be handed to us and is going to work out perfectly. Sometimes there’s tons of hoops you have to jump through throughout the day but as long as you made it through; you did a pretty damn good job if you ask me. Obviously, I am going into this day with a different mindset. One where I won’t focus on the fact that my stomach is still feeling a tad icky; one where I am not consumed by stress; one where I stay mindful and present in each situation and enjoy the now. I preach all of those things, but sometimes I lose myself and the shuffle and don’t practice every single thing I preach- because like I already said, I am human and I am not perfect.
“Don’t forget that you’re human. It’s okay to have a meltdown. Just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out and refocus on where you are headed.”
Absolutely love this quote. Let out those tears, feel the sadness, accept it; because it WILL pass. Crying is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign that you have emotions and can feel things. So let out those tears, let out those angry words or write down those sad thoughts but then refocus your brain. Get up the next morning and remind yourself that today WILL be better, today WILL be a good day. Tell that to yourself over and over again. Don’t stay trapped in the sadness or disappointment of a bad day. Accept it, learn from it, and move on.
“Having a bad day? Put your hand on your heart. Feel that? That’s called purpose. You’re alive for a reason. Don’t give up!”
And remember that: remember to NEVER give up. Ever.
No questions today, but would love to hear some thoughts and feedback on this post!
Hope you are all having a great first week of February!
With much love,