Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. 🙂
I’m headed into a very busy week -> two exams, two papers, leading a club event, a conference on Friday. I’m a bit stressed but I’m reminding myself this: “it’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” I wanted to give you all (and myself) some reminders as we head into this week!
- Deep breathing really helps. Ya, cliché, but it does wonders. In and out friends.
- When it doubt, spoon it out. Not with a boy obviously, with nut butter!! Sometimes you just need a big spoonful of nut butter to make you smile.
- Sometimes life gets busy and hectic. But when we are stressed, we still have to count our blessings. There’s a whole lot to be grateful for!
- Things go off plan. It’s okay. Go with the flow!! We don’t need a plan for every single thing in our lives.
- Working out isn’t everything. The food you eat isn’t everything. Your workouts do not define you. The food you consume does not define you. Repeat this to yourself over and over again until you believe it.
- Talk positively about yourself. ->
“Does the sun ask itself, “Am I good? Am I worthwhile? Is there enough of me?” No, it burns and it shines. Does the sun ask itself, “What does the moon think of me? How does Mars feel about me today?” No it burns, it shines. Does the sun ask itself, “Am I as big as other suns in other galaxies?” No, it burns, it shines.” Burn brighter. Shine longer. You are enough as is.
- Be gentle with your body. If you are tired, don’t workout. If you are hungry eat. If you have a craving honor it.
- Take time for yourself. Take time to be alone. For solitude is a beautiful thing sometimes. And in solitude, we learn so much about ourselves.
- Smile. Ya, we get cranky. But you just gotta smile through it you know?? Don’t forget to smile and laugh.
- All you can do is your best. Put in your best effort. At the end of the day, that’s all that counts.
- You are not defined by numbers. You are not defined by the size of your pants, a test grade, how many minutes you workout. Your worth is not in something so frivolous.
- Stop overthinking. Stop trying to please everyone. Stop living in the past. None of those things will help your growth.
And one last very important reminder: “You are the only person you need to be good enough for.”
That’s it for today’s scatter-brain post friends.
Now tell me:
Anything your reminding yourself as we enter a new week?
Have a lovely Monday friends and kick some butt today!
Facebook: Blissful Lyss
Youtube: Alyssa Cristadoro