Some rambles today right from this little space called lyss’s brain…
1. I’m working more on intuitive movement. What do I mean by that? Eliminating the shoulds… the I should be doing this talk or I should be doing something else… and instead tapping into my heart space to see what I TRULY want to do. I love movement, but I know I fall victim to these thoughts. So I’m pushing myself to a place of discomfort so I can grow. Time to plant seeds in uncomfortable areas and watch some lovely green trees grow.
2. Going off the intuitive movement piece, this Saturday I followed that and went on a walk in my favorite nature trails by myself. Just an hour of me walking in the woods with animals and trees surrounding me and my favorite music in my ears. It was so beautiful.
3. I was talking to my mom about how my Instagram and this blog space is changing a bit… I’m definitely not the same blogger or instagrammer as I was a year and a half ago. I don’t Instagram all my food, I don’t specifically talk about eating disorder recovery all the time. This platform is growing with me as I grow through life and tap into all layers of my being. I’m thankful for the humans that continue to read this blog and follow me on Instagram throughout it all.
4. As I prepare for a pretty packed week, I’m reminding myself of a few things. Be kind to myself, be patient with myself… create time for just you to refill your cup. Take deep breaths, sleep > movement (always), keep following your intuition, school is not worth a toll on your mental health, go with the ebb and flow of life, know that you can do all things.
5. I’m really loving tumblr. Definitely have become way more of a fan over the past year. I love posting my poetry, thoughts, and pictures over there that wouldn’t make it to Instagram. (Give it a follow: lysslickingthespoon)
6. Some goals for this week: be more mindful, me more grateful, be more loving towards yourself and others, have enough confidence that it’s tangible. Don’t get caught up in the small stuff.
7. I wasn’t eating meat really at all this summer besides fish. But I started eating chicken and turkey again. It became tough getting enough protein in at school and I really just missed chicken and turkey!! So I ate it. I am super passionate about the environment but I am also super passionate about living a life FREE from restriction and it came to the point where I was feeling restricted, so I got myself some friggin chicken noodle soup!
8. I’m thankful to have had time to journal Sunday night. Definitely cleared my head space and an open crown chakra going to the week is key!! Also journaling is just fantastic.
All done with what I have to say!! Your turn:
How are you intuitively moving?
Do you feel like you’ve changed since starting your blog or Instagram?
Why are you smiling today?
Stay in touch:
Instagram, twitter, Pinterest: blissful_lyss29
Like me on FB: Blissful Lyss