Hi guys and happy Monday! Hope you all had a lovely weekend and have a great Memorial Day! 🙂
Going to be linking up with the amazing Julia for a mental health Monday post!
Today I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite things to do when I am feeling down and sad. Like I talked about last week, sometimes we just aren’t okay in life and it’s okay to not be okay! So this week, I figured I’d share some things I do when I am feeling sad/upset.
- JournalWhether it’s quotes I write down, how I’m feeling, what I’m excited for this week, a bible verse: I just think it’s so important to feel like you have a safe place to put your thoughts, and that’s why I love journaling! I really want to look into Katie Daleabout’s book too. I absolutely adore Katie and her podcasts!
- Watch a good TV show/movie -> I think this can be a great distraction. Turning on a favorite TV show or one that can make you laugh can definitely help you beat the blues. Lately I have been loving Parks and Rec. It is so funny and always has me chuckling. I love Leslie Knope so freakin’ much.
- Listen to music -> Throw on your favorite Spotify playlist or your go-to Pandora station. Listen to your favorite song or your favorite singer. Lately, I have been loving: Georgia by Vance Joy, Heartbeats by José González, The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson, Hold Back The River by James Bay, and The Remedy by Jason Miraz. 🙂
- Listen to Podcasts. -> I love Madelyn Moon and Katie Daleabout. Any podcast that promotes body positivity and freedom with food I am all for. They both are so inspiring and if you haven’t checked them out, I highly recommend ya do!
- Pray-> Praying helps me when I’m sad, because I feel like I can always have God there to lean back on. Something that also really helps me is finding bible verses that relate to what I am feeling or going though and writing them down in my journal so I can always look back on them.
- Go on Tumblr/Pinterest-> I love these sites for finding positive quotes. Going on Tumblr is so relaxing for me, and I love going on Tumblr/Pinterest while listening to music. I don’t post personal stuff on my Tumblr since that is what this blog is for, but being able to discover new quotes and write them down in my notes is always fun. 🙂 I love champions are made and joyful pearl on Tumblr! My tumblr is: lysslickingthespoon 🙂
- Talk to a friend/family member-> reach out to someone when you are sad! Whether that is texting, calling, or FaceTiming a friend or family member; talking to someone about it can help tremendously. And remember- you are not weak for reaching out for help and you are not burdening them with your problems. Friends and family WANT to help. <3
- Color -> I love coloring or writing/drawing quotes in my notebook. I find this so relaxing for me and a great way to unwind. It is something that is so effortless yet also so relaxing and fun at the same time. 🙂
Thank you Julia for letting me share my thoughts this Monday! And thank you guys for reading and being so awesome.
Now tell me:
Do you like to color?
What is something that helps you when you are sad?
Have a happy Memorial day friends! Sending my love as always.