Hi guys! I am officially home for Thanksgiving break 🙂 So exciting to finally have some time off!
Today, my great friend Marina is sharing a recipe with y’all. And it sounds pretty amazing if you ask me! Thank you for this recipe and guest posting girl. 🙂
Cranberry-Apple Walnut Bread
Hey everyone! I am SO excited and honored to be guest-posting for Lyss today. She is such an amazing friend and woman I’m so lucky to have her in my life! We have so many things in common, especially when it comes to food.
Namely, BREAD. 😀 I mean, who doesn’t love bread right?!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a fan of having different kinds of breads for Thanksgiving too! Wait, hold up…..that’s right, people. Thanksgiving is just a week away! It’s CRAZY!
We usually make this recipe every year at the request of me or my aunts, and we share it at the table with everyone during dinner. It’s my Mom’s famous Cranberry-Apple Walnut Bread! With the tart and plump cranberries, sweet apples, and crunchy walnuts, this bread is the perfect combination of your favorite fall flavors! Don’t forget the cinnamon…
Since this bread is so easy and delicious, I knew I had to share the recipe with you all today. There’s no way I was keeping this a secret!
Here are a couple tips:
- You can use any apple you like, but I used 2 very large McIntosh apples because they’re easy to chop and cook beautifully! This is mostly a dinner bread in my family, along with some pumpkin bread, which both aren’t too sweet for the savory dinner.
- Do NOT use whole walnuts for the bread, make sure you buy them already chopped or roughly chop them before you mix them in. Nobody wants to be choking on a walnut while they’re trying to enjoy their mashed potatoes. Bottom line: chopped walnuts!
- If you’re using frozen cranberries, make sure they’re slightly thawed before putting them in the bread. It makes them easier to stir and won’t turn the batter red.
- Finally, add that FULL teaspoon of cinnamon, it enhances every flavor in the bread and is the father of all spices when it comes to baking!
Ready to get baking? Let’s go! 🙂
Cranberry-Apple Walnut Bread
Author: A Dancer’s Live-It
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
With the tart and plump cranberries, sweet apples, and crunchy walnuts, this bread is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table!
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apple (2 big apples)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (if frozen, slightly thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan with PAM and set aside. (I used a 9×5 loaf pan, but I’m sure you can use an 8×4).
- Combine apples, sugar, and oil in a medium mixing bowl. Add in egg, mixing well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate large mixing bowl. Add apple mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Spread batter evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Look at the gorgeousness…
Funny story, we’re actually not making this kind of bread this year, but I hope you all get to try it!
Thank you again to beautiful Lyss for having me, happy cooking everyone, and enjoy the rest of your day! 🙂
Now tell me:
Are you a fan of baking?
Happy Wednesday friends 🙂 Have a good one!
Facebook: Blissful Lyss
Youtube: Alyssa Cristadoro