HI FRIDAY. What’s up!! But also August why are you going by so quick?? Mixed feelings for you.
I focus a lot on good energy, and ways that I can cultivate more in my life. Because when I have good energy in my heart, I feel like a more complete human. And good energy is contagious, so I always want to spread it to others. We attract the energy we give off- so it’s so important to give off beautiful energy you know?
1. Write a list of things you’re grateful for in your journal every day (or most days)! This is a lovely reminder for me that there is always something to smile about, even on the crappiest of days. Appreciate your blessings amongst the midst of struggles. Something that’s hard to do, but something that is so worth it.
2. Listen to feel-good music. I love working out to rap and such, but man do I love my reggae/ feel-good music. Some suggestions for you: Trevor Hall, Nahko and Medicine for the People, Rebelution, SOJA, Jack Johnson. Switch up your tunes guys. Music carries so much power in its lyrics. Music= medicine.
3. Stop resisting change. We are dynamic creatures, meaning that change is inevitable. Stop trying to control everything. I always remind myself to be more like a river and just friggin’ flow. We bring so much more peace into our minds when we learn to truly surrender and just let go.
4. Get outside and be in nature. There is something to be said for just escaping into the outdoors and being one with the environment. Our world is so beautiful and sometimes we just float by this life without even appreciating it. Get outside, get into the woods, go to the mountains. Let yourself feel connected to the trees beside you and the flowers beneath you. Let the stillness of nature bring more stillness into your heart and soul.
5. Cultivate a yoga practice suited for you. Your yoga practice does not have to be a power heated class every single day and I believe that is a big misconception. Sometimes yoga is just getting on your mat and moving slow. Sometimes it’s a vinyasa flow. What’s so beautiful about yoga is how it yolks the mind, body, and breath… but we have to actually bring those things together on our mat! Listen to what your body needs and remove the feelings of what you “should” be doing.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a tough practice. But actually working at it can take you so far. I started with the app Headspace and went from there. There are videos on YouTube as well! When meditating remember to remove judgment against the self. Let the thoughts flow in and out and accept wherever you are at that present moment.
7. “Your vibe attracts your tribe.” Surround yourself with other humans who bring light into your world. Stick with the people who truly make you feel good. Relationships should bring out the magic within your soul, not make you feel weighed down and uneasy.
8. Always work at loving yourself more. It’s a daily practice. It’s a daily choice to spread love to yourself. Some days it’s harder than others. But at the end of the day, it is our priority to cultivate respect for ourselves. Our self-worth gets lost when we view ourselves in the eyes of other individuals. We must stay strong in the belief that we always deserve our own love and affection.
Do you meditate?
What helps you relax?
Have the best weekend friends!! Sending lots and lots of love. <3
Facebook: Blissful Lyss
Youtube: Alyssa Cristadoro