Hi guys and happy Friday! We made it through another week- woop woop!
This week was super busy and I didn’t get to do as much blogging as I would have liked, but with two big exams, I didn’t have the time!
And with exams comes stress, so I thought I’d touch on that topic today.
College and school is tough man, everyone knows that. Some late nights, a whole lot of coffee, and tons of time in the lib. But it IS worth it!
I had an abnormal psych exam yesterday, but quite honestly I loved learning about the content. It all interests me so much, so I really don’t mind studying for it. I feel like that is a HUGE difference between high school and college and it is one of the reasons I love college so much more!
Anyways, I’m going to give you guys some of the tips I use to say sane during stressful and crazy times. Let’s get started!
- Make a schedule and list of things to do! I do this to help me remember what I have to do. Making a schedule of when to do these things helps me with time management too. I use a planner for this!
- Find the place that is best for you to study. For me, this is the library or coffee shops. I focus best in these areas and find them the most relaxing. I don’t like studying in my room and don’t do my work as well there.
- Use your reminders on your phone. I’ll set reminders of the club meetings I have, office hours for a professor, times when I have to volunteer etc. etc. so I won’t forget everything I have to do!
- When I study, I love having something to sip on. Whether that is coffee, tea, or iced water; it helps me focus more.
- Don’t forget snacks too! I’ll put some snacks in my bag for throughout the day. I typically don’t go back to my room during the day, so I’ll keep snacks in my bag for when I’m hungry.
- When it’s a long day- whether that is a long day of studying, classes, or just a long day in general, never be shy to grab that second or third coffee. Because sometimes we just need it, and there is no shame in that. 🙂
- Recognize that you can’t do it all. This is hard for me sometimes. During weeks where I have exams, I have to remind myself I can’t be saying yes to everything someone asks me. Whether that is to help someone with homework, to hangout or watch a movie, or to go to an event on campus. It’s okay to say no sometimes!
- Put yourself first. During long weeks, sometimes I’ll eat by myself in the library to be more productive. It’s okay to not always be eating with someone! Learn to be independent, learn to do what’s best for you. What’s best for me during a busy week is to have my meals at the library while looking over notes or studying rather than being in a loud dining hall with friends.
- Remember though- take breaks!! Do go out to lunch here and there even if you feel bombarded with work. See your friends! Go for a walk with friends or go grab a coffee and catch up with someone. Take a break and go to the gym. Do some yoga or some stretching. Your mental health should ALWAYS come first.
- Find a study buddy! After reviewing material by myself, I like to study with some people in my class to make sure we know everything or to quiz each other. It makes the studying process less painful at times and it personally helps me when I talk about the material out loud.
That’s it for this Friday! Hope these were helpful to you all.
Now tell me
Where do you study the best?
Would you consider yourself a planner?
One highlight from your week?
Have a great Friday guys!
Sending my love as always.
Facebook: Blissful Lyss