Hey from NZ!! I’ve been posting for Freedom Friday, but not a regular old post from me in a while. Life’s been crazy and wonderful and everything in between, so I’ve been trying to soak it all up. If you follow my Instagram, @blissful_lyss29, you can see updates over there from my study abroad journey.
Some things I’ve learned so far…
- Jet lag is SO real. New Zealand is far ahead of Boston time. When it’s Sunday at 9:23 pm here, its Saturday at 3:23 am back home. Getting my body to adjust to this was a challenge for sure.
- Traveling is also tiring! I spent 16 hours on a plane to NZ which is the longest plane ride I’ve ever taken in my life.
- Bungee jumping is scary and amazing and so freaking awesome.
- Living in an apartment by myself with strangers and away from home is teaching me a lot.
- Buying a $10 used coffee maker was a really smart move for me.
- New Zealand people love saying “cheers” and it makes me super happy. This trend needs to start in America.
- The mountains here are unreal. Pictures don’t do ’em justice. This place is simply stunning.
- Its’ okay to say no. I don’t have to do everything. This trip is my own, not anyone else’s.
- My vibe attracts my tribe. I’ve met some cool people here and I’m grateful for that.
- Walking everywhere is tiring but it saves $$ which is a good thing.
Stay tuned for more updates on my adventures!! I hope you all have been doing so so so well. xoxo
Stay in touch: